From Anne Giles Clelland:
I have been moved and amazed to see who is on the list of contributors to our crowdfunding campaign for our behavioral health mobile app, Cognichoice.
Here are ten facts about our contributors.
2. To what we think is the Commonwealth of Virginia's first answer to Senator Mark Warner's call to crowdfund a technology startup, 54% of the contributors are from Blacksburg, Virginia, The Most Wired Town in America.
3. Our deeply appreciated global contributor is from Hyderabad, India.
4. 28% gave $25 to attend the Cognichoice Crowdfunding Success Celebration as their reward. Whether we succeed at our funding goal or not, we're having that party!
5. 11% generously gave $100 each for the Cognichoice mug as a thank you reward. It is a great mug – selected carefully for us by Dana Giesen of Eleven West and, thanks to graphic designer Nancy Brauer, shown how it will look for us when we share a cup of Cognichoice.
6. A whopping 44% chose no reward so the contribution can go directly to continuing to build Cognichoice.
7. Their gifts range from $10 to $500.
8. I personally know 85% of them.
9. Of the contributors I know, they're aged 22 to 83.
10. Among them: startup founders; company founders in business 10, even 20 years; community leaders; public officials; business executives and professionals; professors; neighbors; people who, I know, stretched and gave up something else so they could contribute - teachers! our contractors!; and most heartbreakingly moving, former students I knew when they were in their teens.
I have big dreams for Cognichoice. With 9 days left in our crowdfunding campaign and, as of this writing, $3,486 towards a $66,297 funding goal, I have to shake my head and, while not laugh, smile a bit at myself. Okay, maybe I dreamed a little too big for crowdfunding.
But I never, ever dreamed that the "crowd" that would contribute to our crowdfunding campaign would consist almost entirely of people I know – my family members, my friends, my colleagues. To have their support is beyond the realm of dreams. I am touched to my essence by their faith and hope. I will gratefully use their belief and their dollars to continue to power my very best efforts on behalf of what I believe - what I know – can help people who are in in trouble change their lives – Cognichoice.
. . . . .
We are crowdfunding Cognichoice – The App That Helps People Change - on Health Tech Hatch. We invite you to contribute.
I love Bill Holland's scenarios of people – "Keith" and "Patty" – using Cognichoice. You can check those out here.
- About Cognichoice
More about Cognichoice on Handshake 2.0
- Register to experience our demo of Cognichoice.
Questions, feedback, comments? I welcome them. Please email me, [email protected], or call me, 540-808-6334.