From Anne Giles Clelland, co-founder of Cognichoice:
“Virtually all of the net new jobs that were created in America over the last 30 years have been created by startups,” Senator Warner said.
– Senator Mark Warner, Crowdfunding a Startup
This equation makes a lot of sense to us:
Cognichoice + crowdfunding = helping people change + helping create jobs
Here are highlights of our crowdfunding campaign launching Tuesday, January 15, 2013:
- We applied to, and were accepted by, Health Tech Hatch for crowdfunding our startup’s mHealth app Cognichoice.
- We chose to apply to Health Tech Hatch to increase the likelihood of health app crowdfunding success – I met founder Pat Salber at the mHealth Summit, she’s an M.D, and she’s on the executive committee of the National Crowdfunding Association.
- Our crowdfunding campaign – Cognichoice – The App That Helps People Change – opens 1/15 and runs through 2/15. It’s not live now, but this will be the link to the campaign.
- Our business model is B2B, scalable, global, and targets the health care industry.
- Cognichoice is for companies and organizations in the health care industry who could offer it to the patient communities they serve with common problems – type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, alcoholism, drug abuse – any condition that requires people to change and manage their behavior.
- We’re running a donation-based crowdfunding campaign to raise $67,000.
- Here’s our budget for how we’ll use the money.
- Here are our thank you rewards for donations (still in progress, not yet final).
- Cognichoice is not just a great idea – it’s an evidence-based product that’s built and operational. Test it for yourself here on our Cognichoice web app version demo site. (And we’re running a lean start-up – please give us feedback and we’ll grow and evolve Cognichoice to meet the needs of our users!)
- We’re not among the 95% of health apps submitted directly to consumers without testing. An academic research hospital has approved a pilot study for the use of Cognichoice with a population of its obese and overweight patients.
- We seek funders to donate an average of $25. 2680 people donating $25 each = $67,000. If we have 2680+ backers, that shows the health care industry that our market test through crowfunding shows demand for our product.
Here’s our video about crowdfunding Cognichoice:
Questions, feedback, comments? We welcome them! Email me, [email protected], or call me, 540-808-6334.
We would welcome your support! “Cognichoice – The App That Helps People Change,” our crowdfunding campaign on Health Tech Hatch, launches Tuesday, January 15, 2013.
Follow our crowdfunding story in the Cognichoice category on Handshake 2.0.
Of further interest:
The Who, Why and How of Crowdfunding: What Is Crowdfunding?
4 Ways to Increase the Likelihood of Crowdfunding Success, an interview with Patricia Salber, CEO, Health Tech Hatch
Cognichoice Crowdfunding Project on Health Tech Hatch Announcement
10 Facts about Health Tech Hatch