We've excerpted key points graciously shared with us below. Antti Akonniemi's full presentation is available on SlideShare: Mobile Development – Future Female.
- huge market
- engaged everywhere
- truly personal mass media (you wouldn't share your phone, would you?)
- always-on mass media
- always-carried mass media
- only mass media with built-in payment channel
- location based services
- movement tracking
- closer to a physical product (vs. designing for desktop)
Mobile development success factors:
- Have a clear problem to solve.
- Have a market for your problem.
- Think about the business. Will you get any money out of this?
- Test your idea before executing (show it to your friends, colleagues, people on the street). It's a lot cheaper to fail before you start developing.
- Design first, then develop.
Thank you, Antti, for sharing highlights from your talk with Handshake 2.0!
Other posts of possible interest: