From VT KnowledgeWorks
Observe 14 university teams from around the world compete in the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge as they pitch their business ideas for a $25,000 grand prize and trophy. This event is open to the public at no charge (lunch is not included) but registration is required by August 9.
Global Student Challenge - Register by August 9
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Washington Lecture Hall, The Hotel Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Mix and mingle with elite students teams, faculty, and leaders from universities around the world at the Tastes & Sounds of the Valleys Reception in conjunction with VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week as we celebrate our growing place in the global community with unique food and music from our region.
Tastes and Sounds of the Valleys Reception - Register by August 9
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Shenandoah Ballroom, The Hotel Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
- Registration: $75/person, inclusive of all food and drinks; or $135/person, which includes reception admission, plus admission to the Global Student Challenge and a light breakfast and lunch (August 22) at The Hotel Roanoke.
- Learn more about the global audience attending!
- Live performances at the reception by acoustic quartet Windfall and the Blue Ridge Mountain Cloggers.
For more information about the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership, and the VTKW Global Partnership Week 2013, please contact Lindsey Eversole, Global Partnership Manager, VT KnowledgeWorks, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week offers university students and faculty from all over the world a chance to collaborate, form partnerships, build their global networks, and congregate in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia. During this week-long celebration, elite student teams compete in a Global Student Business Concept Challenge as they pitch their business ideas for a $25,000 prize.
The Fourth Annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week will be held August 18 – 24, 2013.
- Respond to the invitation to serve as a Global Host Family
- Register for Tastes & Sounds of the Valley
- Register to view the Global Student Challenge Presentations
- Join our sponsors
- View the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View the Global Student Business Concept Challenge category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- Learn more about the VT KnowledgeWorks Partnership Week
- View the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week Flyer (.pdf)
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks is a client of Handshake Media, Incorporated, the parent company of Handshake 2.0.