Thank you for your interest in working with Handshake Media, Incorporated as an independent contractor. You will be working with me, Anne Giles Clelland, as your supervisor. Although job descriptions may vary, below are the principles by which I would like to work with you.
What I would like to receive from you:
- Original, one-of-a-kind, never-before-seen, creative work
- Impeccable citation of sources
- Your creative vision and your skills to help communicate and develop our mission and the missions of our company’s clients and partners
- Openness to creative synergy and synthesis
- Openness to being present to directly address conflicts as they arise, as they always do in both personal and professional relationships
- A general vision for serving the greater good
- Response to personal emails from me, emails generated by our project management software, or texts from me in under 48 hours
What is a dealbreaker for me:
- An unprofessional online presence
- Cruelty online or off
- Boundary violations in terms of respect for my person and position or those of our teammates
- Going the wrong way down a one-way street, not because I don’t honor individual choice, not because it breaks the rule, but because it endangers others
- Not using the search feature on Handshake 2.0 and looking to see we’ve already written an answer to a question before asking me the question, up to maybe 3 times
- Untimely completion of tasks
- Lack of response to emails and texts, with 48 hours as the outside limit
What’s not a dealbreaker for me:
- Creative risk
- That creative risk failing
What you will receive from me:
- Open communication about the business of running a company, particularly of a technology start-up
- Exposure to the art, craft and business of online PR and marketing for personal, professional and corporate use
- Coaching, support and instruction in creating your professional online presence
- Openness to hearing, and executing, your ideas
- Openness to synergy and synthesis
Written text and visual products (images, graphs, photos, videos) you create for Handshake Media – to which you retain the rights unless previously negotiated otherwise – would need to be in accord with:
- Handshake Media’s purpose and mission. These pages can help with that:
- Best legal practices for online content creation, i.e. no copyrighted images, materials or music used. Appearance releases must be signed by those who appear in images or videos.
- My taste.
I will share confidential information, intellectual property and trade secrets with you that, if others learned this information, could be harmful to our company and beneficial to our company’s competitors. I would need you to keep that information confidential and, if the project requires it, to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
If these principles match yours, I would welcome working with you.
Please feel free to contact me, Anne Giles Clelland, email@example.com, 540-808-6334.