Health Tech Hatch (“Hatch”) is a resource dedicated to launching early-stage innovations in health care and putting them into the hands of patients, physicians, wellness professionals and consumers. Hatch provides a platform both for crowdfunding (a groundbreaking method of raising start-up funds for a new business or product) and usability feedback on concepts and prototypes, supporting health care entrepreneurs who have brilliant ideas ready to hatch.
- is unique among crowdfunding platforms because it focuses on health care and wellness and creates a synergy among a crowdfunding model, concept and prototype testing, and expert mentorship.
- vets campaigns and projects for quality.
- provides total wraparound, step-by-step support for entrepreneurs running crowdfunding campaigns.
- offers a sophisticated, strategic social media team to support campaigns.
- provides clinician end-users to test concepts and prototypes that would benefit from expert panel feedback and consumer testers to evaluate concepts and prototypes that would benefit from end-user feedback.
- encourages both for-profit and not-for-profit entrepreneurs to post their health-related crowdfunding campaigns.
- is featured in more than 14 recent media pieces including MobiHealthNews and Forbes.
- ranks on the first page for health-related niche topics and name searches.
- has a CEO on the Board of Directors of the National Crowdfunding Association.
- will premier its testing platform in a three-way partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Health 2.0. Health Tech Hatch will offer Hatch testers up for free to developers entering the healthfinder.gov Mobile App Challenge.
From Handshake 2.0:
We are so excited to be getting ready to crowdfund our own health tech innovation, Cognichoice, on Health Tech Hatch: "Cognichoice - The App That Helps People Change." The campaign will launch Tuesday, January 15, 2013.
You can follow our crowdfunding story in the Cognichoice category on Handshake 2.0.
Of further interest:
The Who, Why and How of Crowdfunding: What Is Crowdfunding?
4 Ways to Increase the Likelihood of Crowdfunding Success, an interview with Patricia Salber, CEO, Health Tech Hatch
Cognichoice Crowdfunding Project on Health Tech Hatch Announcement