Updated 12/21/2012, 1:50 PM EDT
- 2 hours per week, $15 per hour.
- You are given a topic and the amount of time to spend researching that topic.
- You go online and find the information from the top sources pertinent to the topic.
- You post those sources in a draft post on Handshake 2.0 in the format prescribed below.
- Expected turnaround time is 48 hours. If that deadline can’t be met, researcher can reply with an alternative date and time of delivery in case that timeline will meet editorial needs.
The sources must be impeccable – top journals, news publications, top-rated blogs, research organizations like Pew or Jupiter, published this year, or last year at the outside. The information and/or statistics and the source will rarely be opinion – they have to be verifiable through some kind of data collection and analysis. An opinion can be cited if the source is a leading expert in the field.
For each source, we need this complete information:
a) Author (if available)
c) Date (this year or last year, no earlier)
d) Title of post
e) URL (not linked to text!)
f) 2-3 sentence summary of the value of the source to research on the topic. Can include a direct quote from the source in quotes, or a publishable paraphrase not in quotes, or both.
For example, this would be the source information for this TechCrunch post:
a) Rip Emson
c) January 16, 2012
d) Mobile Technology Is Transforming The Health Industry, But To What Extent?
f) The summary and what to quote or how to paraphrase is where you add your art, craft, savvy and discernment.
Handshake 2.0 is built on TypePad’s blogging software. We would send you an invitation to TypePad via email. Using other companies’ or organizations’ email accounts can cause property rights conflicts, so we would need an independent email address, such as Gmail or from your own domain name. A TypePad invitation would include a link to this page which explains how to create a post for Handshake 2.0 using TypePad.
We also require a LinkedIn profile with a photo to which to link your byline if we give you credit in a post for your research. Here’s how to customize your LinkedIn URL.
If interested, to apply for the position, please send an email to Anne Giles Clelland, [email protected], with
- subject “Research Assistant”
- your LinkedIn profile URL
- two top sources in the format specified on this topic: pPros and cons for companies of corporate sponsorship of an athlete
- how long it took you to find the two sources.
If you’re hired, you’ll be paid for your time.
We pay at the first of each month with a direct deposit option (preferred) and require an intemized invoice like this.
Questions? Please ask. Contact Anne Giles Clelland, [email protected].