From Clever Commute:
Clever Commute is a mobile app that provides a suite of services for commuters who use public transportation for the trip in and out of major cities.
Also, Clever Commute…
- started as a handshake agreement between a few New Jersey Transit train commuters…and has grown into a nationwide network.
- offers users alerts via e-mail, text messaging,Twitter, and a mobile website.
- works on a “freemium” model and is currently in beta.
- provides B2B services for news, traffic and transit organizations.
- filters and curates user-generated content to solve a very relevant problem with a patent pending technology.
- ranks messages for commuters so they can sure that both good and bad “posters” get the necessary feedback.
- reaches an amazing demographic for advertisers.
- works on all technology platforms.
- is self-funded and has been bootstrapped to revenue, profits and growth.
- has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and on CNN, CBS and NBC news (see this link for a list of press coverage).
Clever Commute is developed by Clever Communicator, LLC, a New Jersey start-up. It is a thriving and profitable alerting service used by over 20,000 commuters in the country’s largest markets. Clever Commute was founded by CEO Joshua Crandall.
This edition of the Tech Showcase on Handshake 2.0 is sponsored by Fusion Business Accelerator (BA), a Fusion PR company. Fusion BA provides business development services, executive recruiting and assistance in helping startups identify sources of strategic, tactical and investment capital.
Fusion Public Relations is a client of Handshake Media, Incorporated, the parent company of Handshake 2.0.