We invite you to create a special post for Handshake 2.0.
“It’s still who you know” is Handshake 2.0’s tagline and through this special offering from our services, we’re trying to get you known to increase the likelihood of your post:
- being linked to by other sites.
- being shared in social networks.
- tempting users to click through to your site to find out more.
- appearing in search engine results for the terms that describe who you are and what you do.
Here’s what clients tell us about the benefits of posts on Handshake 2.0.
What we need from you
– A Word document that includes:
- A list of 10 facts about you and your company – about 200 words of text – that a) covers who you are and what you do, and b) expands upon those facts to add human interest details. The best “10 Facts” posts begin with a high-interest fact, share more general information, then save the most amusing or amazing fact for #10. For posts with punch, begin each fact with an action word – a verb, and try to go for specific facts – numbers are good – rather than general statements. Stats and facts mean more to readers than pitches! For examples from other companies, here is our 10 Facts category on Handshake 2.0.
- Links in parentheses after the text – please do not create hyperlinks within the document. For example: “See the 10 Facts category on Handshake 2.0.(http://www.handshake20.com/10-facts/)” not “See the 10 Facts category on Handshake 2.0.”
- Your company’s name with the spelling, typography and spacing exactly as you want it branded (for example, are you: CompanyName, Company Name or cOMPany nAME?)
- A press release-style company description of 2-3 sentences, i.e. “CompanyName is a…”
- Your site’s URL.
- For start-ups, the names of your company’s founders and their LinkedIn public profile URLs. If you haven’t done so already, here’s how to make your URL “pretty.”
– Two different visuals from which we can choose – photos, graphics, logos, screenshots, links to YouTube videos – whatever best represents your unique value proposition. Posts with photos of people or with infographics get shared more often than those with logos or stock images. We would welcome a photograph of a Handshake 1.0 if it might appeal to your target markets. Please send the image as a separate attachment and do not embed it in the Word document. If you send a photo, please identify the people in the photo from left to right in the Word doc.
Please send your Word doc and visuals as separate attachments to Anne Giles Clelland, email@example.com.
Questions? Please email Anne or call her, 540-808-6334.
Looking forward to sharing 10 facts about you and your business on Handshake 2.0!