Job Title: Summer Intern with Handshake Media, Incorporated
Hours: Monday through Friday, 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week
Duration: Monday, May 14 – Friday, August 17, 2012
Wage: $15 per hour
- Above average computer hardware and software knowledge
- Excellent communications skills – speaking, listening, explaining, writing
- Oganizational skills
- Assist Rural System founder in continuing to compile and organize data from print publication library, Word and image documents, and online sources for Rural System and Rural System Guide.
- Provide technical support for computer hardware and software issues.
- Note errors or needed updates on Rural System’s sites and coordinate with the site administrator to make changes.
- Anticipate opportunities and challenges and offer research-backed, evidence-based responses.
- Be open to learning and working on the project through Basecamp and Dropbox.
- Be open to learning and, if asked for, teaching and advising.
- Be open to creative synergy.
- Understand the context of an Internship with Handshake Media.
- An NDA is not required for this position.
For more information, please contact Anne Giles Clelland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-808-6334.