We were delighted to learn that Handshake Media, Incorporated's white label software platform Feel. Think. Choose.(TM) was one of five finalists selected for the 2012 VT KnowledgeWorks Open Business Concept Competition.
– Added 4/10/12: VTKW E-Challenge will be livestreamed! Details!
I'll have up to 15 minutes to make the presentation, then judges will have 10-12 minutes to ask questions. The presentation requires one of the fundamental tools for seeking outside investment, the slide deck, a distillation of the proposed value of the business model and business opportunity for a product or service.
I receive on-going help from my family and friends, my business network, my business advisors, Presidents' Council, VT KnowledgeWorks and my team members Alex Edelman, Kelsey Sarles, and Wil Collins. I thank them all for their assistance.
For directly helping me discover, understand and articulate, in slide deck form, the potential of Feel. Think. Choose. as a business model, I offer grateful thanks to these people in the order in which I contacted them, who have been so generous with their expertise and support.
- Paula Wilder of WilderWeber Leadership Group for leading us through WilderWeber's Brand Workshop for start-ups, and for consulting services way above and beyond.
- Maynard Wiff of SCORE for executive-level advising, mentoring and coaching.
- Phani Upadhyayula with Etisbew Technology Group for assistance with finanical projections for software development costs.
- Dr. Steve Childers of Radford University for reviewing our slide deck and offering feedback from his expertise in entrepreneurship.
- Korey Mercier at Rackspace for consulting on server configuration and financial projections for server storage and bandwidth costs.
- Dick Daughtery of VT KnowledgeWorks for his offer to meet individually with all the finalists and for a one-on-one session that helped me cut my slide deck in half.
- Darren Eversole of Carilion Clinic for help with health care industry statistics.
The VT KnowledgeWorks Entrepreneurship Challenge is a full-day event with two business concept competitions, speakers, meals, and a final networking reception. If you care to join me, here's how to register. I'll be there all day, especially at 2:45 PM! I'd welcome your company.