At Fusion PR and Handshake 2.0, we know for a technology start-up to get a foot in the door – or a ride in the elevator – your target audience needs to find out four key facts very quickly:
- Who you are
- What your technology does
- What problem your technology solves
- How big the market is that needs that problem solved
We’ve devised a formula for helping you get those four facts known in a way that’s straightforward to do and appeals to hearts and minds – we all want to know the inside story.
Our goals? “It’s still who you know” is Handshake 2.0’s tagline and we’re trying to get you known to increase the likelihood of your post:
- being linked to by other sites
- being shared in social networks
- tempting users to click through to your site to find out more (or to your LinkedIn profile if your site is still under construction)
- appearing in search engine results for the terms that describe who you are and what you do
What we need from you
> A Word document that includes:
- A list of 10 facts about you and your start-up – about 200 words of text – that a) covers the four key facts above and b) expands upon those facts to add human interest details (to start meeting the “We invest in the person” requirement). Here’s a model “10 facts post” from Smart College Visit and one from us at Handshake Media.
- Your company’s name with the spelling, typography and spacing exactly as you want it branded (for example, are you: CompanyName, Company Name or cOMPany nAME?)
- A press release-style company description of 2-3 sentences: “CompanyName is…”
- Your site’s URL
- The names of your company’s founders and their LinkedIn public profile URLs. If you haven’t done so already, here’s how to make your URL “pretty.”
> A visual – a photo, graphic, logo, screenshot, link to a YouTube video – whatever best represents your unique value proposition at your current stage of development. Having people in the visual is preferable – “It’s still who you know.”(We would welcome a photograph of a Handshake 1.0 if it might appeal to your target markets. Here’s a Handshake 1.0 with Bob Geller of Fusion PR.)
Please send your Word doc and visuals as separate attachments to Bob Geller at Fusion PR, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please email Bob or call him.
Questions about Handshake 2.0? Please email Anne Giles Clelland, email@example.com, or call her, 540-808-6334.
Looking forward to getting to know more about you in Handshake 2.0’s Tech Showcase!