It’s still who you know. And it’s who knows you. Handshake Media gets you known.
Handshake Media, Incorporated provides online and mobile marketing and public relations services. We offer a package especially designed for the VT KnowledgeWorks Entrepreneurship Alliance.
- Presence of your Alliance and your Alliance’s member companies on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks, the VT KnowledgeWorks blog, up to 4 blog posts per month
- A named category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks to serve as your organization’s or company’s blog, or as an extension of your blog, to which you can link directly from your website and share with contacts: insidevtknowledgeworks.com/yourname*
- Every blog post shared on the VT KnowledgeWorks Facebook page and in the VT KnowledgeWorks Twitter stream.
- Pro bono posts on business news site Handshake 2.0, 2 per year
- Presence in the VT KnowledgeWorks mobile application, the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Directory, for iPhone and Android
- Presence in the mobile application, the Handshake 2.0 Handshake(R) App, upon completion of the second Handshake 2.0 post
- Consulting via Skype, GoToMeeting, or phone, up to 2 hours per month
*For example, Handshake Media is a VT KnowledgeWorks member company and here’s the link to our category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks: http://www.insidevtknowledgeworks.com/handshake-media
Local, national and global reach through search. What potential customers, partners and investors seek – from the company next door to the next nation, from over 130 countries and counting – they find on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks. The top source of traffic to the VT KnowledgeWorks blog is Google search results. The top source of traffic to Handshake 2.0 is Google as well. (To learn more, here’s a summary post about the VTKW blog and here’s more about how Handshake 2.0 works.)
Local, national and global reach through social media. The “social” in “social media” means people and people need something to share. That’s where your blog posts get things started. Here’s how blogs power a company’s presence in social media and here’s how Handshake reaches potential customers and partners with a blog post via social media.
Local, national and global reach through mobile. Your target markets are using hand-held devices – how better to reach them than with Handshake(R) mobile applications? The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Directory, a Handshake app, features your complete contact information for ready one-tap connection – email, phone, Twitter, Facebook and more. However users best communicate, that’s how they can return your extended mobile handshake.
How it works
A blog post has two parts – something to read and something to see.
For your Alliance or for the member company from your Alliance to be featured, send us a one-sentence press release-style company description and up to 300 words in a Word doc or an email, image attached, or with a link to a video. We format the post with edits, send the draft back for a quick, final review, then post during the next available publication slot.
We then do what we do to a blog post, sharing it via Facebook and Twitter. We send you an email with a how-to guide on extending your post’s reach, including retweeting on Twitter, and posting on Facebook and LinkedIn. The expertise and branding of you and/or your company or organization is the day’s news, and your online presence is extended and deepened.
The posts in your category on Inside VT KnowledgeWork remain part of a dynamic site, constantly updated, so even when you’re waiting for the next great idea for a post, Inside VT KnowledgeWorks is up and running and you’re getting residual benefits.
How it doesn’t work
- Sales pitches rather than stories
- Technical treatises and documentation manuals rather than press releases
- Advisory or cautionary pieces that “talk down” to the reader rather than how-tos and tips
- Anything much over 300 words
- Not doing it
Here’s what works for a business news blog post and here’s what works for blog posts with top traffic on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks and blog posts with top traffic on Handshake 2.0.
How much it costs
- $2000 per month includes the features listed above
- Pay monthly, quarterly or yearly via invoice OR
- Pay monthly, quarterly or yearly via credit card online
- Start or stop anytime – services are month-to-month