Traits of our company that make it a match for Handshake 2.0:
- We seek local, national and global customers and clients for our products and services.
- Our products and services can be accessed, sold and used nationally and internationally.
- We want to continue to establish ourselves as experts in our industry.
- Handshake 2.0 is a business news site and we're making news!
Traits of Handshake 2.0 that make it a match for our company:
- Handshake 2.0, since it is on the Internet, is global. According to Google Analytics, in the past year Handshake 2.0 had 35,000 visits from 153 countries and territories. In the past month, the top sources of traffic were the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, Mexico and China.
- The top source of traffic to Handshake 2.0 is Google. If Google knows you, then the globe knows you.
- The mission of the site is based on a fundamental business principle: "It's who you know." All of us do business, and do better business, with people we know, primarily in person and, secondarily, online. How to get to know people online – enough to do business with them – is problematic. Hence, Handshake 2.0: "It's still who you know."
- Online presence is an endurance sport – it takes consistent training – posting – over a long period of time for results to show. Handshake 2.0 is updated constantly – and has been since July, 2008 – with original, highly-valued content (explaining why Google is the top source of traffic) by a community of clients, freelance writers, guests, and its founder. When my company doesn't have news, Handshake 2.0 does. My content is showcased in a dynamic site, not in the well-meaning, barely-visited, abandoned CEO blog I thought I would maintain on my own.
- My company's news doesn't just "sit" on Handshake 2.0. It gets shared on Facebook and Twitter, too.
- I'm busy. 100 words, a pic, a link, $49, done. Well, since I run Handshake 2.0, the $49 transaction is a virtual one, but I love a pretty pic with our company's news!
- And look at the good company my company gets to keep.
When I use search terms I think my company's customers might be using – say, for example, with and without quotes, "slide puzzle mobile app" and"women and mobile apps" – and I see my company's products, services or initiatives in first page Google results listing links to Handshake 2.0 or its social media channels? I know my company and Handshake 2.0 are definitely a match.
Anne Giles Clelland is the founder of Handshake 2.0 and the president and CEO of Handshake Media, Incorporated, a public relations technology company. Handshake Media develops Handshake(TM) app brand mobile applications.