While I may not currently be in the midst of developing an app, I know that when the times comes, having a network will be critical to my education and execution of a "killer app."
– Gail Billingsley, Executive Director, YMCA at Virginia Tech
I love Gail's reason for attending the first meeting of the Network of Women Mobile Application Developers!
We have almost 25 who have responded to our invitation to attend the meeting on Monday, March 7, 2011 in Blacksburg, Virginia.
Interest and support have been so strong!
Thanks to the support and sponsorship of Coldwell Banker, Townside REALTORS, First Bank & Trust Company, Hutchison Law Group, and Handshake Media, attendees will be treated to a complimentary reception on March 7.
The first group of 12 to receive training on March 16 will be treated to a complimentary meal thanks to the support and sponsorship of VT KnowledgeWorks.
And thanks to Ryan Hagan, Shierod Russell and Wesley Ferrell – who are volunteering their time to help - we will have on-site technical support during the training.
And I got this in an email from a software expert yesterday: "What can I do to help?"
We welcome more to our first meeting.
Women in the Blacksburg, Virginia area interested in joining other women to learn about mobile application development are invited to the first meeting of the Network of Women Mobile Application Developers. The meeting will be on Monday, March 7, 2011 beginning at 5:30 PM in Blacksburg, Virginia. Please email me, Anne Giles Clelland, email@example.com, for an invitation.
Here's the "history" of the Network of Women Mobile Application Developers. Posts are listed in chronological order and where they appeared, some with descriptive notes.
- I've Got a Company – What I Need Is Company - She Chooses Blog, Bella Magazine
- A Network of Women Mobile Application Developers – Handshake 2.0 – initial statement of the proposal
- A Global Mobile App Development Network– Inside VT KnowledgeWorks – restatement of the proposal
- A Network of Women Mobile Application Developers – Who and How – Handshake 2.0
- A Network of Women Mobile Application Developers – She Chooses Blog – "I’ve depended upon the company of other women and their collective knowledge all of my life…"
- How to Get Started in the Business of Mobile Application Development - Handshake 2.0 – includes a white paper
- Who Will Be at the First Meeting of the Network of Women Mobile Application Developers? – Handshake 2.0
- How Will the Network of Mobile Application Developers Work? - Handshake 2.0
- Network of Women Mobile Application Developers to Launch – Handshake 2.0
- Also of possible interest are the categories Women and Mobile Apps on Handshake 2.0 and Mobile Applications from Handshake Media
Coldwell Banker, Townside REALTORS(R) and First Bank & Trust Company are clients of Handshake Media, Incorporated, the parent company of Handshake 2.0.