We launched The Handshake App, a mobile app for the Android, not yet for the iPhone, sooner rather than later. Why?
- We think every company needs a mobile app so that means we do, too.
- We wanted to be first to market with what we believe is the first corporate mobile app that implements a corporate mission.
- We were willing to create (and risk) the release of a minimum viable product (MVP).
- The company’s founder has a Droid X and not an iPhone, so the set-up for alpha testing favored the Android.
- From the moment of the completion of the app, for a variety of reasons, the time to market was shorter for an app for the Android platform than for the iPhone platform.
- The company’s founder will attend a software developer’s forum on iPhone app development August 19, 2010, but our app was ready for beta August 6.
Foremost, we see our app's value as way beyond what platform it uses, and beyond what it does for Handshake 2.0. The Handshake App is a membership app, a directory app, that offers quick access to important information about people important to a group.
You're invited to watch the video demo again. What if those weren't Handshake 2.0 profiles, but the members of your company, your industry organization's membership, your civic organization's membership, your club's membership, your prospects list…the possibilities are endless. What if the information displayed wasn't ours, but yours? If you want your own Handshake app, we're a handshake away. Please contact us.
To download The Handshake App and read more about it, please visit About The Handshake App.
We're writing about the origins, development and progress of The Handshake App on Handshake 2.0.
You're invited to read our series on Mobile Apps.