I am so looking forward to "Shake Hands with Handshake 2.0," a networking mixer at Bull & Bones Brewhaus and Grill, Blacksburg, Virginia, Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 5:30 PM.
I'm getting ready. Here's my to-do list.
- Dress for a Handshake 1.0 photo.
- Bring business cards and quarter-sheet flyers to easily stick into a pocket or pocketbook. (Please feel free to bring yours, too.)
- Bring name tags. "It's still who you know," you know!
- Bring bold, black markers so we can write – and read! - each other's names on our name tags.
- Bring beverage tickets for the first 50 people to pose for Handshake 1.0s.
- Be one of the first 10 to arrive to win handcrafted soap from Capricorn Soap Company!
Not on my to-do list:
- Prepare a company pitch and presentation. At this networking event, no interruptions. Let's just talk!
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation. Ah, since I am the organizer, we don't have to have one. I'm not alone in not being a fan of slide presentations.
- Bring a fish bowl for business cards for a drawing for a prize. Yes, but we'd have to interrupt the flow of conversation to award the prize. So, no, not this time. Let's just talk.
You're invited to shake hands – pose for a Handshake 1.0 – and talk!
Shake Hands with Handshake 2.0
"It's still who you know!" Networking Mixer
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Bull & Bones Brewhaus and Grill
First & Main on South Main Street
Free beverage to the first 50 people who pose for a Handshake 1.0! See Allen J. Fuller, III for your photo op and free beverage ticket!
"Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts…"
– William Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part 3, Act 4, Scene 6