Handshake 2.0 seeks one-of-a-kind, never-before-seen, insightful, thought-provoking, informative – even artful and inspiring – posts about business and life.
What we’ve found best engages Handshake 2.0’s audience:
- Stories, articles, and essays – not press releases or pitches – written in fewer than 300 words or told in an image or video.
- Content that both interests the mind and relates to human emotion.
- Content that answers questions and solves problems.
- Specific details rather than generalizations or abstractions.
- A first-person narrative written from experience or expertise or a third-person informational piece. (Advisory pieces written to the reader as “you” can be perceived as lecturing by a superior to a subordinate – an approach that does not build a “handshake” of rapport with the reader.)
- Links to 2-3 sources that support and corroborate points the writer makes.
- An image to accompany the text of the post that illustrates or symbolizes the content.
- Links to your LinkedIn public profile and to your site.
- A 2-3 sentence bio.
This infographic on the structure of a blog post may be helpful and here are the characteristics of an ideal Handshake 2.0 blog post. This list of some top posts on Handshake 2.0 shows how their writers created value for our audience.
If you have an original, never-before-published guest post in mind, we would welcome hearing from you. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.