Posted by Handshake 2.0 at 8:47 AM on March 31, 2010:
- Handshake 2.0 was one of five finalists selected for the VT KnowledgeWorks Entrepreneurship Summit Open Business Concept Competition.
- Handshake 2.0 was nominated for a Rising Star Award by the NewVa Corridor Technology Council (NCTC) for its TechNite 2010 Awards.
- Anne Giles Clelland, founder of Handshake 2.0, was nominated for an Entrepreneur Award by the NewVa Corridor Technology Council (NCTC) for its TechNite 2010 Awards.
- We're delighted when Handshake 2.0 is in the news. We've been honored to write guest posts for Bob Geller at Flack's Revenge and Sramana Mitra. We were very gratified that James Ball found value in our social media sales funnel graphic for Social Media Today.
- Robert H. Giles, Jr., founder of Rural System, and father of Handshake 2.0's founder, Anne Giles Clelland, was also one of five finalists selected for the VT KnowledgeWorks Entrepreneurship Summit Open Business Concept Competition on April 7, 2010. He was selected as one of five finalists to pitch to angel investors at the VT KnowledgeWorks Entrepreneurship Open Angel Forum on April 8, 2010.
We are very proud of our clients!
Smart College Visit, Inc., founded by Z. Kelly Queijo, was one of five finalists selected for the VT KnowledgeWorks Entrepreneurship Summit Open Business Concept Competition.
InteractiveGIS, Inc. was nominated for a Rising Star Award and for an Innovation Award by the NewVa Corridor Technology Council (NCTC) for its TechNite 2010 Awards.
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."
- Henry Ford
For moving Handshake 2.0 forward towards success with them, I thank our clients, our team, my mentors and fellow company founders at VT KnowledgeWorks, and my serendipitous colleagues who go arm-in-arm ahead with me with strength - and who carry me with them when I falter.
Handshake 2.0, an enterprise of Handshake Media, Incorporated, is a business news, public relations, and business development site featuring new developments in entrepreneurship and venture funding, best practices in business principles, models, and innovation, and the latest on company leaders and companies, from start-ups to moguls.
Handshake 2.0 synthesizes the personal, the social, and the technological, adds the fundamental business risk reduction principle of “It’s who you know,” and shares its clients’ corporate messages in multiple, well-established social media channels, resulting in “word of Handshake” leads and referrals for clients’ companies.
Handshake Media, Incorporated, based in Blacksburg, Virginia, specializes in social media services for companies seeking national and global clients, customers, partners and investors.